Tile Floor Cleaner

We had some people do some heavy scrubbing on our tile flooring. They used a toilet bowl cleaner which got the grout very clean but left an oily film on the tile. After three moppings, the tile still feels slightly greasy. We've tried Pine-sol with no results. Ideas?
CME4FUN wrote:

You need something to cut through the grease. I use washing soda and hot water plus some type of soap or cleaning agent.

a mason would recommend it!] Unfortunately, you're up the creek, if you don't have a floor drain, so you can rinse and rinse and rinse.
The grout will hold onto the cleaner through a lot of mopping. That's why you need a floor drain and water hose to rinse it.
The Pine-Sol you tried only added to the problem.
In lieu of a floor drain, saturate the floor in cool, clear water and agitate. Use a wet vac to suck it up. For best results, use a crevice tool on the grout.
________________________ Whatever it takes.
very carefully with eye protection in a corner spray some oven cleaner on the tiles--wait about 10 minutes then rinse wearing gloves--rinse again maybe use some white vinegar after rinsing a few times ( white vinegar will neutralize the lye that maybe remaining) see if that helps--make sure you use a spray oven cleander and hold the can close to the loor say about 4 inches--you dont want lye sprayed in the air
hth peter