Tile Floor Cleaner

We had some people do some heavy scrubbing on our tile flooring. They used a toilet bowl cleaner which got the grout very clean but left an oily film on the tile. After three moppings, the tile still feels slightly greasy. We've tried Pine-sol with no results. Ideas?

Reply to
CME4FUN

You need something to cut through the grease. I use washing soda and hot water plus some type of soap or cleaning agent.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Yes, acidic bowl cleaner will really do a number on grout! [I'm not sure a mason would recommend it!] Unfortunately, you're up the creek, if you don't have a floor drain, so you can rinse and rinse and rinse.

The grout will hold onto the cleaner through a lot of mopping. That's why you need a floor drain and water hose to rinse it.

The Pine-Sol you tried only added to the problem.

In lieu of a floor drain, saturate the floor in cool, clear water and agitate. Use a wet vac to suck it up. For best results, use a crevice tool on the grout.

________________________ Whatever it takes.

Reply to
Michael A. Ball

very carefully with eye protection in a corner spray some oven cleaner on the tiles--wait about 10 minutes then rinse wearing gloves--rinse again maybe use some white vinegar after rinsing a few times ( white vinegar will neutralize the lye that maybe remaining) see if that helps--make sure you use a spray oven cleander and hold the can close to the loor say about 4 inches--you dont want lye sprayed in the air

hth peter

Reply to
ilaboo