Tile cleaning machines

I'm looking for a good machine to clean my tiled area (about a 1000 sqft) in my house. I don't care if it can't clean the grout well. I just want to get something to clean the tiles may be once a week. right now I sweep and mop and it's getting tiresome.

I have read about Hoover Floormate and understand that it doesn't clean the grout. That's not a problem for me. Is Floormate the only machine of this kind? Aren't there any competitors to compare it with?

Please respond with anything you might think is useful for me.

Thanks.

Reply to
ted

I use a steam cleaner on all my hard surfaces. It works well, is quiet, light, surfaces dry very quickly, and uses no chemicals. The unit I have is far less expensive than the Floor Mate and has no moving parts. There are a number of options from units that look like canister vacuums to one piece steam mops that resemble upright vacuums. I have an inexpensive Eureka Enviro Steamer Deluxe. I had one of the standard Enviro Steamers, and replaced it with the deluxe model that I found on sale because the deluxe steamer can easily use old towels as cleaning pads and the standard one requires special pads. Here is an example:

You do still have to sweep or dust mop before using the steamer to remove dust and any large debris. The steamer will remove any soil that is stuck to the surface.

Reply to
Vox Humana