The space beneath my oven is a nightmare

G'day,

I'm in a rented house that's been in continuous occupancy (not by me!) for half a decade. I've been cleaning the electic oven, which is a Kleenmaid, built into the bench. Cleaning the oven itself has been no problem, but I've noticed that there seems to be an extra kind of 'catchment area' beneath the main body of the oven; it's covered by a little metallic grill, and doesn't slide open - it seems to be fixed there. When you have the oven door half open, you can see in there, and there's a centimetre deep of unspeakable horror. There's oven grease, dead maggots and insects, etc. I tried as I might, but I couldn't find a way to get in there to clean beneath the oven. Is this the kind of thing that requires dismantling the oven with a screwdriver? I hope somebody can help.

Cheers, Jamie in Australia

Reply to
jamie.nuttall

tbh, i think sometimes you just have to try not to worry about things. we all know there's unspeakable horror somewhere in the cavities and gaps about our stoves - in order not to go mad, we just have to pretend it's not there.

well, that's what i do anyway. kylie

Reply to
0tterbot

works for me. I try very hard to NEVER think about it.

peggo

Reply to
peggo

Is it possible to contact the manufacturer of the oven? Possibly they can give you some advice and help on your problem. Personally, I wouldn't be able to ignore it - that maggoty gunk would have to go.

Dora

Reply to
limey