Teak desk stain--how to fix?

I spilled a little coffee on the top of a teak desk, and it's left a small area that looks a bit lighter than the rest of the top. Any idea how I might clean/even out the appearance?

Thanks,

-Al

Reply to
Al Cunniff

Wood absorbs and stains can become part of the wood. Sometimes that can mean refinishing the entire piece. You could try using mineral spirits over the entire top. Wet a rag with mineral spirits and wipe the surface, dry with a soft rag, apply paste wax, and buff.

Reply to
Phisherman

Thanks for the advice, but I had to make a quick decision on what to do, because I sold the desk! I used fine steel wool, which took away almost all of the stain, then I gave a light application of some kind of teal oil that we bought when we originally got the desk. Did the trick well enough.

Thanks again for offering to help,

-Al

Reply to
Al Cunniff