Tarnished Metal

I recently tried to clean my metal meat grinder by boiling it with baking soda. The result were a very tarnished metal that I can't remove. How do I get this dark tarnish off the metal.

Suze

Reply to
Suzanne

It sounds like it was cast aluminum. It probably won't polish back to the original state. You could try using Aluminum Jelly or a product called Metall (in the tube) by Zymol.

Reply to
Vox Humana

You can try boiling it with cream of tartar in the water. You get it in the spice section in the supermarket.

Reply to
Bonnie Jean