Swiffer alternative

I love my Swiffer, but hate the cost of the cloths. My sister uses a high quality paper towel that she sprays with a light mist of Endust for Electronics. I tried that, but it just didn't do the job as well as the Swiffer.
I got a package of microfiber cloths at Costco. They work very well. A package of sixteen cloths (16 x16) is $9.99 and are sold in the automotive isle. They fit great on my Swiffer Max mop. The cloths hold the dust and pet hair as well as the Swiffer cloths and can be rinsed or wash and used over and over. They can also be used wet for general cleaning - often without any detergent.
My thought was to get a good quality mop handle (you know, the kind with the wing nut?) and when you wear out the mop head, just use a towel. Would this work ok?
Helen C
Vox Humana wrote:

I use pieces of old towels on my Swiffer mop and they work well for small jobs that require wet mopping. Towels don't attract and hold dust, so you can't use them dry for dusting. The microfiber cloth clings to the dust just like the electrostatic Swiffer cloths.

I'm going to try those microfiber towels described by Vox. For the past five years or so, I've been using surgical towels, on a Swiffer Max --laundered without fabric softener. The towels are very durable and their electrostatic holding power is really fascinating. The microfiber towels will be far lighter.
I'm looking for a stronger handle option.
Michael "Only two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

That handle is pathetic!. I have already broken one. If you find a stronger alternative, let us know.