Stupid, stupid, stupid thing I did to my stainless steel sink

I was cleaning lime deposits from a removable bathroom fixture and used "Zap" on it--in my stainless steel kitchen sink. (Next time I'll read the label warnings ~first~.) At first the sink turned black where the 'Zap' came in contact, now, after much scrubbing with steel wool, stainless steel cleanser, etc., I've gotten it reduced to a fainter gray.

Is there any way to further remove/reduce the evidence of my stupidity, other than to replace the whole sink?

Marilee

Reply to
Marilee

I would try some Barkeepers' Friend on it. You can find it with the cleansers in the grocery store.

Reply to
Vox Humana

oh dear I had a stainless sink some years back and it went black when I poured an acid drain cleaner into it. The black faded eventually but it never returned to the original colour and shine. Lets us know how you get on.

Reply to
Dawn