stove cleaning help

I put my gas stove parts (burners, grates, drip pans) into a garbage bag and spray them with oven cleaner. I close the bag and let the parts sit overnight. The next day everything rinses clean.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I have an old gas cooking stove that I would really hate to get rid of. Problem is that the 'business end' of the stove, the burner part that regulates the gas coming in, is really dirty what with cooking grease and what not. Is there a way to clean this up?

I'm thinking of something I could soak it in.

Reply to
Judy

Reply to
Phisherman

If they are aluminium then I wouldn't be using baking soda on them.

Reply to
Dawn