stove cleaning help

I have an old gas cooking stove that I would really hate to get rid of. Problem is that the 'business end' of the stove, the burner part that regulates the gas coming in, is really dirty what with cooking grease and what not. Is there a way to clean this up?
I'm thinking of something I could soak it in.
<Judy> wrote in message

I put my gas stove parts (burners, grates, drip pans) into a garbage bag and spray them with oven cleaner. I close the bag and let the parts sit overnight. The next day everything rinses clean.
Soak in a solution of a half cup of baking soda and a quart of hot water. The next day use a toothbrush dipped in household ammonia to loosen any grease, rinse and dry. These parts are usually aluminum--avoid using harsh or abrasive cleaners. Most importantly, unblock the holes using a toothpick. If you are getting a nice even blue flame you're all set.
On Sun, 15 May 2005 17:28:52 -0700, Judy <> wrote:

If they are aluminium then I wouldn't be using baking soda on them.