stains on cabinet kitchen......pls help

stains on cabinet kitchen......pls help ***************************************************
We have some very light colored wooden kitchen cabinets with transparent poly paint.
We seem to have some stains...the stains are white in color
Are these water stains ?
How does one get rid of these stains ?
Can anyone pls help me ....
Where do I start ? is there a liquid that I can apply that will get rid of these stains ?
I am not very handy so pls help me.
Thanks
Kim

they sound like water stains. unless someone here has a better idea (highly possible!!) you can sand it back & re-finish. you might be obliged to do the whole door, or even all of them, for colour matching as the new area may well look different, although that's less of a risk if the wood is very light. kylie