SpotBot Cleanser

Has anyone come up with a good alternative cleaning solution for the SpotBot carpet machine? The Bissell ones made for the spot machines is very expensive.
I tried using a bit of regular oxy powder in the hot water instead of the Bissell Oxy for the SpotBot, but I don't thing it did as well in cleaning nor did it leave the carpet as soft afterward.
Any help appreciated.
Donna