Spilt Milk on Carpeting

Came home yesterday to find an awful smell in the house. I was able to narrow the smell to my youngest sons bedroom.

When he came home from school, I found out that he had spilt milk in the carpet about a week earlier. He showed me the cup that spilled and I can approximate that at least 6 oz of milk spilled

I have tried using a water extractor type carpet cleaner and the smell is still there. It isn't as strong, but still noticeable.

Other than ripping up the carpet and replacing the padding ( and maybe the carpet which is only 3 years old), anyone have some clues on what type of cleaners I can use to get the smell out?

I did do a search and didn't find much that would help.

Thank You. Ron

Reply to
Ron

Hi Ron,

You really need to use an enzyme treatment to actually digest the stain. Take a look on

where there's a description of Prozyme, an enzyme treatment.

Hope this helps

Reply to
DrClean