Spider webs in kitchen cabinets

For some reason, spiders seem to love building webs in my kitchen cabinets. I put some cedar blocks in there, but they don't seem to mind that. Anything I could do to repeal them that wouldn't affect the food stored in there?
Jim H

The spiders are there because there is some live food available in your cabinets. I'd look for food bugs, grain weevils, ants, roaches, etc. The spiders will leave if their food is removed.

seal all entry points against invasion. do you mean base or wall or both?
says...

both on the stone wall that borders the garage (which is ecologically and environmentally more like a cave !). I guess I need to do a lot more work sealing up the place. It's an apartment in an old house. Lots of cracks and little holes. Lots of places for bugs to get in.
Jim