sneaker problem

Hi I bought a pair of new leather sneakers from Ebay. Well the leather smells like crap. Literally. I would like to hear any ideas people can give me on how to remove or reduce the odor. I don't know what to do with these. They smell really bad. Thanks.
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:19:56 GMT, "kimberlycards"

Put them in full sun for several hours, outdoors. While the leather is still warm apply a neutral polish wax and buff.
Not even a question--TAKE THEM BACK!!! It is bad quality leather!!
Sijka

I can't take them back. They're from Ebay and the seller has a no refund policy. The shoes were Saucony brand. I do not know why the leather stinks. I am not familiar with that name shoe.

...actually, if they're Saucony running shoes, there's a VERY good chance that they're not real leather. Check the tag; if they're not made with real leather, just throw 'em in the washing machine. I used to buy Saucony running shoes, and none I ever bought had real leather - all were "man-made materials." I've washed then in the washing machine numerous times - once after a friends cat had an "accident" on them (though I still question whether it was a real accident)... the smell left without a trace.
- Michael http://www.4naturalcleaning.com