smoke smell in couch

Does anyone know how to get cigarette smoke smell out of a couch. I just purchased a used couch, and when I got it home I realized that is stinks of cigarette smoke. Any Ideas would be appreciated.
thankyou

You can try Fabreez. Personally, I'd take it back.

If you can't return it or it was such a great deal you want to keep it, my first attempt would be Febreeze. Lots of it, several applications.
If that didn't work, I'd use an upholstery cleaner (I have a Bissell Little Green) but you can rent a Rug Doctor tht will come with upholstery attachments. Use a solution that is designed to remove odors and go over it until the water in the tank isn't too dirty.
Nan

Febreeze works great, however have noticed that items sprayed with it seem to attract more than normal amounts of dirt later. Supposedly it has a 'sticky' ingredient that holds the odor molecules to the surface. While this keeps the molecules from reaching your nose, it might also hold onto other (dirt?dust?) molecules as well. So it doesn't actually remove smells, it just keeps them from wafting into the air.
Refs: http://www.ciao.co.uk/Febreeze__Review_5142664
dylan wrote:

Nothing wrong with trying Fabreze. Also, if you can wrestle the couch outside on a dry, sunny, hopefully breezy day, fresh air is a wonderful odor remover. HTH
Dora
dylan wrote:

I've found that lighting my pipe is an excellent remedy.