Sink stain

How do I get rid of a blueish stain that has occurred due to an occasional dripping tap. We are in a hard water area within the UK.
Thanks

It's from copper plumbing.
The stain can be removed with ammonia or ammonia and soapsuds. It can be removed with salt and vinegar. Many acidic cleaners advertised for rust stains will work on copper stains. Zud is an example.
Too much copper in drinking water can cause nausea, diarrhea, pains, inflammation, gas, and brain lesions.
If your water is picking up copper, it may also be picking up lead, from brass fittings and solder. Lead causes anemia, kidney damage, behavior changes, and retardation.
In America, state, county, and municipal governments will often check household water for free and tell a resident how to correct a problem.
--
Best Regards,
Lloyd

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:24:38 +0000 (UTC), "Edward Martin"

Close the drain. Soak the area for an hour using a tablespoon of each of the following: household bleach, vinegar, and warm salt water. If the stain is not near the drain, dampen the area (with water) and plaster a paper towel over the stain before applying the mentioned mix.