Seeking strong oven cleaner WIPE-ON (gel, for example) in Australia

Hi,

anyone here from Australia?

I'm from Melbourne and have looked around everywhere for a wipe-on oven cleaner for long baked-on grease etc in my oven. It is not a self-cleaning oven, just average Gas one. I don't want to use an aerosol because I am afraid of spraying too close to the gas jets, and also because, given the limited angle that one can use them ("no more than 30 degrees from vertical") I don't expect to spray it effectively in those areas which I most want to clean.

I know that others use spray oven cleaners, but I *much* prefer to use wipe-on ones that I can easily control where I place it. There is probably a reason that no shops, including hardware shops here in Melbourne stock *any* paint-on oven cleaners now. There used to be an excellent one by Selleys in a can that you wiped on but it went off the market years ago.

I see that Betterware in the UK has one that wipes on. I must see if Betterware here in Australia also has it.

Any other ideas?

Thank you in advance.

By the way, speaking as a newbie, this is an excellent newsgroup!

For now,

avril

Reply to
av

I live in Sydney and use spray on but our oven is electric so no risk of covering the jets. You could try spraying it onto a cloth then using a cloth to wipe it on the oven.

Reply to
Viviane

Thank you Viviane for your help.

I'll give that a try.

avril

no risk of

using a

It

want

one

don't

want

prefer

it.

now.

you

must

newsgroup!

Reply to
av

Reply to
Anita

We use Mela-Magic in ours and it comes out sparkling. I don't like to use our self-cleaning feature because it's a newer oven and it stinks up the whole house! When my wife uses Mela-Magic, it comes out great. In fact, an elderly lady she knows had a fire in her stove (not sure what caused it). She wasn't using it for a couple of months because she couldn't get it clean. My wife went over and used the Mela-Magic on it and it looked great. This lady is cooking up a storm again. Go to this site to find out how to get them. It will be well worth your time. Good luck. -Bob

Reply to
Karen Neapolitan

Thank you Bob, and also Anita (in previous post). Your ideas sound very good (though I don't know yet Bob whether I can buy "Mela-Magic" here in Melbourne, in Australia. Could you tell me what are its active ingredients? Perhaps it goes by another name here. Thank you. avril

like to use

stinks up the

great. In fact,

what caused it).