Sanitizing kitchen

Page 3 of 4

Rod Speed wrote:

Still waiting for an answer instead of your moronic babbling. Explain how that would work with "physical action"? While you may physically miss a germ with the bleach, it won't be any stronger so explain how it will grow better.
If you haven't got a real answer than shut the fuck up.
Note that it's probabaly about 2 or 3:30 AM where Rod lives and yet he's still at the computer. When you never had a job, you can post 24/7. See how Rod is the top poster for September and is the all time top poster here. Like I said, 24/7, no job, no life.
<http://groups.google.com/group/misc.consumers.frugal-living/about?hl=en

Lying, as always.

Already did, repeatedly.
ANYTHING THAT DOESNT KILL 100% WILL BREED RESISTANCE.
That is just as true with a bullet to the head, as I already said.

That aint the only possibility. The other obvious possibility is that some of the germs dont get hit with a strong enough bleach solution to kill them, cretin.

Pathetic, really.

Already have, repeatedly.

Go and fuck yourself.
And you STILL havent managed to explain why, if bleach will kill all germs, WE STILL SEE ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANT GERMS CAUSING MASSIVE PROBLEMS IN HOSPITALS TODAY.
And why we saw people left to die when they got infected in the days before antibiotics showed up.
<reams of your puerile lying flushed where it belongs>
Couldnt bullshit its way out of a wet paperbag even if its pathetic excuse for a 'life' depended on it.

Because the humans harboring the germs aren't treated with bleach, dingbat. You and that beetle fellow are the first I've seen that can't differentiate between bleach and antibiotics, or between the germ breeding potential of live organisms versus the germ-carrying quality of dead utensils. Here's some clues for you: 1. Don't treat an germ-infected person with bleach. Won't work. 2. Don't treat a germ-infected cutting board with anti-biotics. The needle will break off, or the board will refuse to swallow the pill. 3. Quit making excuses for not washing your hands after wiping your asses, which in your feeble minds will just make shit germs stronger and stronger until they take over the world. Sane people tend to look askance at such nonsense. 4. Keep you tin-foil hats shiny. Repels germs.
--Vic
Victor Smith wrote:

And let's not forget recent studies that show infrequent handwashing by "busy" doctors and really-busy nurses.
--
Cheers,
Bev

Let's not. Nor the bacteria found under nurses' long fingernails, which a study done not long ago found to be a particularly nasty breeding ground, and difficult to disinfect even when proper hand-washing techniques are used.
--Vic

Here's a discussion of various sanitizers as they apply to home brewing, but you'll find information to answer your questions:
A COMPLETE GUIDE TO CLEANING AND SANITATION http://www.realbeer.com/jjpalmer/cleaning.html
Hope this helps, -Tock
When I got the rabbit the breeder recommended some stuff called Vanodine for hutch sanitation. Its essentially an iodine solution and it claims to kill all sorts of creepy crawlies.
I use it on the plastic cutting boards a couple of times a week (spray to saturate, allow to dry), but whether it has any beneficial effect I can't say for sure. We haven't had any E.coli or salmonella outbreaks attributed to our kitchen...
I've also used it to clean minor dings on the dog, including a rather nasty gash he got in his mouth when he chewed something he shouldn't have. I wouldn't hesitate to use it for human first aid if push came to shove.
As far as "sanitizing" the kitchen - what's the point? If you practice good hygiene (of both the cook and hte equipment) you ought to be fine.
Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET. This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%. Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...

Because it is THE most effective sanitizer there is and it's cheap as dirt to boot.

No.
There are other effective sanitizers - quaternary ammonia, phenol, carbolic acid, etc - but bleach is the proven gold standard that costs almost nothing.
The USDA standard, enforced by health department restaurant inspectors, is 100ppm available chlorine in the sanitizing solution. At that concentration, the chlorine smell is just barely detectable on the surface of the liquid. Contact with the solution does not leave any smell on the hands. Casual contact with this solution will not bleach colors or damage clothes. Pretty much the ideal sanitizer. Why fool with anything else?
John
--
John De Armond