Sanitizing kitchen

Spod Reed wrote

Already did, what was seen before antibiotics showed up, when the best there was was bleach, phenolics, alcohol, iodine etc.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I think you mean phenols here. Phenolics are phenol-derived resins.

HTH. HAND.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Let's not. Nor the bacteria found under nurses' long fingernails, which a study done not long ago found to be a particularly nasty breeding ground, and difficult to disinfect even when proper hand-washing techniques are used.

--Vic

Reply to
Victor Smith

Iodine is still used. When I had surgery to correct my majorly screwed up toenail, the hospital staff told me I had to rub some iodine stuff all over the lower half of my whole leg thoroughly. By your logic, this is a bad practice because it breeds iodine resistant bacteria. Nevertheless, it is still a standard thing to do before an operation.

- Logan

Reply to
Logan Shaw

The Real Bev wrote

Nope.

That is just a subset of phenolics,

DWT. KUYH.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Logan Shaw wrote

So is bleach. Separate issue entirely to whether bad bugs were seen before antibiotics were invented.

That is massive overkill. I didnt need anything like that with major knee surgery.

Wrong. I never said that sanitizing isnt useful in hospitals, JUST that its very undesirable in KITCHENS where it breeds bad bugs.

Never ever said it wasnt.

Alcohol is still used before injections etc too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Even lethal ones.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Wow, Rod knows more than the people doing the prep for surgery! He should be getting paid to tell the hospitals and doctors that they are all wrong.

No surprise there as most people on welfare recieve sub-standard medical care.

Reply to
Spod Reed

Spod Reed wrote

I know that few bother with that level of prep with toenails, cretin.

Never ever had a cent of welfare in my entire life thanks liar.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It is doled out in dollars.

Reply to
William Souden

Even on welfare Rod still has access to the counseling that he needs. Inability to ever admit error is a major reason no one will hire him.

Reply to
William Souden

How do the germs know whether they're in a kitchen or someplace else like a hospital? It seems like germs would respond to the same chemical in the same way no matter where the germs are located. If it breeds bad bugs in a kitchen, then it will in a hospital too, and vice versa. If it did breed bad bugs, then why would hospitals disinfect things at such a critical time as right before an operation?

- Logan

Reply to
Logan Shaw

They look in a mirror. If they're wearing an apron and chef hat, they know they're in the kitchen, and prepare to selectively breed and mutate while sharpening their little cleavers.

--Vic

Reply to
Victor Smith

Logan Shaw wrote

By the thoroughness of the 'sanitizing'

They dont necessarily get the same chemical as in a hospital where real care is taken to ensure that the right mixture of say bleach is used which ensure enough active ingredient, let alone the same level of application to everywhere like the floors etc.

Wrong, what matters is those that dont get killed.

Because they can ensure that its done right with a very high kill rate.

That was not however enough before antibiotics were invented.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Part of the anti-biotics-resistancy problem is simply mis-use.

Over-Exposure - patients insisting on anti-biotics even for viral infections - and stopping them to early, i.e. putting them away when the sickness has passed, but not all bacteria have been killed.

Reply to
Peter Bruells

Picilli wrote in news:gig0hd.oc.ln@127.0.0.1:

I can get a gallon of bleach for .99. It goes a very long way.

Terri

Reply to
dogsnus