Rust

While in the process of dying, our water heater caused rusty looking sheets and tshirts. Is there anyway of getting the rust out? I've tried bleach and it doesn't work. Thanks.
Small stains can be removed with a few drops of a commercial rust remover, or by repeated applications of lemon juice and salt on the stain. Do not let dry between applications. Rinse thoroughly and launder with a liquid laundry detergent and oxygen bleach, following directions. That is for the next time because chlorine bleach, that you used, will set in the stain permanently. The Fuller Brush Man http://www.MyFullerBrush.com

sheets and

it
On 16 Jan 2004 17:29:42 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Snowfeet1) wrote:

Rust in fabrics can be a challenge. The products available for rust removal may damage color fabrics. You could try dissolving 1/4 t. table salt in 1/8 c. warm lemon juice or vinegar and applying this to the stain. If this works (and does not damage the fabric or color), you can use a cup of salt and a gallon of vinegar to an entire wash load. Perhaps someone can mention a specific product for rust stain removal in fabrics that works, yet safe.
I've used Zep Calcium,Lime,and Rust Stain Remover on a small spot on a pair of blue jeans with no discoloration. The Fuller Brush Man http://www.MyFullerBrush.com

sheets and

it