resin furniture

Okay, this is gonna sound stupid but is there something that would clean my outdoor plastic resin furniture better than warm soapy water and a scrub brush and sponge? I prefer home made cleaners since I don't want to spend a ton of money.

Bonnie in NJ

Reply to
Bonnie

Here's a recipe for an all-purpose cleaner I use.

1 cup ammonia 1 pint alcohol a squirt or two of dish soap water

add ingredients to a plastic gallon jug, tighten the cap and tip it a few times to mix (don't shake).

My resin furniture stays cleaner if I lean it against the house so the seat won't get dirty.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

You can use this home-made solution for most outdoor cleaning (vinyl siding, decks, outdoor furniture, etc).

3/4 cup TSP 1 gallon warm water 1 cup household bleach

Stir the TSP in the water for one minute. Stir in the bleach. Place in a garden sprayer. Wear rubber gloves and old clothing. Do not get this solution in your eyes or on your skin.

Reply to
Phisherman

Thanks Nan and Phish. I'll be cleaning the outdoor stuff in preparation for the holiday weekend. Phish, if you don't mind my asking, are you a guy? I was never sure if Phisherman referred to you being a man or a fishing enthusiast.

Reply to
Bonnie

How do you make the homemade ammonia, and dish soap?

I Already know how to make the homemade alcohol!

Nan wrote:

Reply to
win-ho-lee