Removing stains

Page 1 of 2
I have some stains in cotton shirts.
I usually soak them in washing powder, but this time it hasn't worked. I can't remember what the stains are from.
Does it matter if I use bio or non-bio, or is there some other method that I should use?
Thanks
Moose wrote:

Treat your shirt with 1-2 cups of charcoal lighter fluid. loosly roll it into a ball and place it in the BBQ, at the base of the plie of briquettes you will be cooking dinner with. Strike a match.......
I swear by Spray and Wash Stain Stick. It is a miracle as far as I am concerned. I rub it in the stain, set it aside overnight and wash the next day. On bad stains I do both sides of the fabric. It is wonderful on grease stains on cotton knits which I find come out no other way. Hope this helps.
Autumn