removing old masking tape

I'd be very grateful if anyone can suggest how to remove dried on masking tape from window glass - idiotically I left it longer than the 3 days recommended, then it got so hard and dried on that I'm not sure how to tackle it, which is making me leave it even longer...
Thanks a lot for any suggestions! Lorna
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:31:09 +0000 (UTC), "Lorna"

Lighter fluid should work. A razor blade may scratch the glass.
Goo-Gone is gentle and easy on your skin. If you can lift any part of the masking tape, take a rag wet with Goo-Gone and rub the place where the sticky tape meets the glass. Do this as you weaken the gluey bond and gently pull the tape away from the glass.
Maybe not as fast as lighter fluid, etc., but as I said easier on the skin--and nose.
-Al

A rag lightly dampened with kerosene will work too, although you need to dispose of the rag properly. The downside to kerosene is the smell unless you get the deordorized stuff.
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:31:09 +0000 (UTC), "Lorna"

Last time I was in the paint dept at Walmart, I think they had a non-stick masking tape.

I've seen this on TV, on shows like Trading Spaces. I think it's bright blue, not the normal beige of masking tape.
What was the cost comparison?
Marilee

WD-40 and razor blade scraper
This may be just what you are looking for!
So, you are looking for a Home Based Business but haven't found a terrific product yet? We invite you to take 5 minutes and read through this email. It just might be the right opportunity for you.
www.puretecgold.com/tech
Puretec International was created with two major objectives in mind: one is to provide the best natural, non-toxic, ultra humanly safe products that really work. Second is to provide an open-ended opportunity for those with an entrepreneurial spirit. We desire to share our Ethics, Values, Honest Family, with their passion for serving others, with all those who care to join us.
Imagine earning a substantial living by helping people learn how to PROTECT their Loved ones by using our products. They are BOTANIC based, and thus they are friendly to our environment AND to you!
Do you know that almost 25% of the population of the United States alone are Chemically Sensitive? There is even a Syndrome named for the affliction. It is called MCS, or Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. We have a line of products designed with the chemically sensitive in mind. pure, all natural, with no added fragrance.
>BUILT IN MARKET
Do you know that there are over 30 MILLION Baby Boomers that are looking for an ALTERNATIVE to products that are poisoning us with Chemicals, Additives and Toxins ? 30 Million people is a great Built In Market, wouldn't you agree, Botanic Gold is a silky golden liquid powerful enough to completely free your home of toxic cleaning products. It is an effective oil emulsifier and the most versatile soap in the world.
PureTec employs a scientific break-through discovery to produce Botanic Gold, a unique blend of plant-derived ingredients. This natural molecular technology utilizes microscopic energy fields of negative ions creating a brand new molecule with unlimited potential and versatility. Some of the ways This product can be used SAFELY are: on your Baby's bottom, to bath your CAT or reduce animal odors, to wash your clothes or furniture or to brush your teeth!
Super Slick Stuff cleans, polishes, protects and beautifies any washable surface and minimizes static cling and wrinkles in fabric. It contains the same plant based ingredients as Botanic Gold with the addition of natural occurring silica.
Our CHILDREN'S Products are designed to enhance their pleasure and promote
learning about PERSONAL HYGIENE !
Our goal is to EDUCATE, TEACH and ENLIGHTEN people & their families, WORLDWIDE! Since all of our products NON TOXIC, NON CHEMICAL, and are BOTANIC based, they are friendly to our environment!
If you have not yet joined us to hear our Business Overview, be my guest this week
Day of Week     Time of Day     Phone Number     Caller Pin Monday     9PM Eastern     865-362-4450     8214# Tuesday     3PM Eastern     865-362-4450     8214# Thursday     3PM Eastern     865-362-4450     8214# Thursday     9PM Eastern     865-362-4450     8214#
Up to 4% REVENUE SHARING Qualify for a COMPANY PROVIDED CAR AN ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL VACATION and much, much more!
JOIN NOW by visiting
www.puretecgold.com/tech
Your Personal Representative is Thomas Simonin
Lorna wrote:

http://www.linux-sec.net/Mail/spam.sounds/spam-spamty-spam-wonderful-spam.wav