Removing green stains from copper.

What is a good cleaner to take green stains/deposits from copper?
This is the screen inside a water fountain nozzle, hard to reach, so it would be best if the cleaner were liquid and could be washed away after I was done**. The screen is so clogged that barely any water will come out of the fountain.
**(Because I can't reach the far side of the screen at all AND I don't have a brush stiff enough but small enough that will reach even the near side.)
Meirman
If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.
meirman wrote:

Vinegar cleans deposits from water screens. Vinegar and salt together shine copper.
Sincerely, Choreboy