Removing deodorant stains out of clothing

Hello:
A have some shirts that I cannot get the deodorant odor out of the armpits. New shirts, nowadays, have special chemicals designed to reduce these odors (stains) but a lot of my shirts are older & I would like to know of any novel suggestions to remove these stains/odors.
Sincerely,
Rosie