removing baked on fat from nonstick bakeware?

I coated a nonstick (tfal) cookie sheet with olive oil for some oven fried potatoes. The oil was a thick, sticky bit of sludge in teh corners and nothing, but nothing, would remove it. How to clean? How to prevent this? Thanks.
On 25 Jan 2007 06:00:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote:

Pour a mixture of 50/50 water/baking soda over the sheet. The next day scrap it off using a plastic spatula or spoon. You could cover the sheet with aluminum foil next time.

Dawn makes a spray on solution called Dissolve Something ... you will find it in the aisle with dish detergent. You spray it on baked on grease and let it sit awhile and it washes right off. Sometimes you have to repeat the treatment but it really does work.
Dottie wrote:

I have that - used it with great success on pan bottom. Will have to try on the tfal. I wonder if it would be wise to use it also on an old cast iron skillet?
On 1 Feb 2007 16:54:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote:

I thought everybody stopped using non-stick after the news came out about how the toxic chemical is released by heat and enters the body.
Personally I never used non-stick; just old-fashioned, I guess.
I do use wonderful old cast-iron skillets from my late mother, rest her soul.
Nothing cooks like those pans.
If you need to clean burned-on food off cast-iron, just fill with hot water and dish soap and let them sit a while. If still stuck on, use fine steelwool.
Aspaia
On Feb 28, 8:17 pm, aspasia wrote:

On the cast iron, if you have a self-cleaning oven you can burn off a lot of stuff using that. You don't have to keep the oven on as long as you do when you are cleaning a heavily soiled oven.