Removing annoying lint from black slacks

OK, I know there's going to be some wonderfully nurturing mom out there who can answer this for me, as it's driving me slightly loony. Have a pair of black slacks, 100%, every time I wash them they come out with lint - all over, difficult to remove. How do I get it off without wasting a lot of time? And how do I prevent this? Someone has suggested not drying them in the dryer, just hanging them instead. Suggestions, please. I know this seems silly, but it's very annoying.
[On 21 Jul 2003 19:32:55 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Rich N) wrote:]

There are several way to do this.
In my opinion, the best thing is to just get a roll of duct tape. Wrap a strand of tape around one of your hands, and then dab off the lint. Very easy to do.
There are better ways, but the duct tape can be used for other purposes as well.
I'd forget about the dryer if I were you. That's never worked for me. It's more likely that you'll wreck the pants trying to de-lint them.
You do need to be careful about the washing machine also. It might be better not to use it. A plastic bucket and a cap full of Woolite would probably be better. I'd go this way. Hang the pants out to dry and then dab the lint off. A cool iron, and off you go. Not difficult. Even I can do it. ;)
Hi You could always try washing and drying the slacks turned inside out to prevent more lint in the future.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Rich N) wrote:

Sort your laundry so you can wash your kleenex separately.
--
Best Regards,
Lloyd

[On 26 Jul 2003 02:09:40 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Rich N) wrote:]

Washing machines seem to be a popular topic these days.
If I were you, I would not be washing those slacks in a "public washing machine". My guess is that this -- not the socks -- is the problem.
You have any idea what people put in public washing machines?
(Rich N)

Horse blankets. And they don't wipe the machines out afterward, either.
Marilee

I've seen dirty cloth diapers being dumped in them, too. During the time I had to use a laundromat, I took spray cleaner and cleaned out each washer before using it. My cleaning rag was always pretty gross afterwards :-/
Nan