refrigerator smell problem

Hi, I have a problem with my refrigerator. When the fan of the refrigerator starts and during all the time it works, it makes a bad smell that is coming out of the bottom of the frige. I don't think that the problem is related to the food or anything inside the frige because I put some baking soda and all those stuff. So I was wandering, maybe I need to clean something in particular. If you have any advise, it will be appreciated.
On 21 Oct 2003 19:24:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (nick) wrote:

Is there a drip pan under your fridge? In one place I lived, the drip pan would get quite full of water, and mildew badly if I didn't clean it regularly.
Nan