Refinishing large coffee table - $$$????

Amigos-
My custom-made coffee table (Alder, I think) has taken quite a beating over the years - mostly stains that i can't get out.
Wondering if group can give me a reading on refinishing co$t. i realize that's like asking "how high is up", but I am not in shape to drive around and research, due to auto accident -am typing w/ L (weak) hand.
Area is Santa Monica CA -- fairly expensive. I would hire a vehicle to take it to an honest refinisher in less pricey part of LA if the difference was worth it.
Dimensions: 42" 66"
Other groups where I can inquire?
Gracias!
Fortuna
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 11:27:35 -0700, Fortuna wrote:

where else can i inquire
i tried all groups but no luck - maybe wrong keywords
help
thanks
fortuna
<Fortunt> wrote in message

Where? The places that do that type of work. Why not get out the phone book?

sorry if I wasn't clear. I wanted feedback from an internet group that might give more objective advice, plus real-world experience. That's why I specified my area. I tried "all groups" but didn't find anything covering my problem. If you know of ome, would appreciate referral; thanks
Fortuna
<Fortuna> wrote in message> wrote:

I've had various small pieces about the size of a coffee table hot-tanked and refinished, and even a desk size office table. (no flames, these weren't antiques, just beat-to-death office or schoolhouse stuff.) Anyway, the cost was quite reasonable, I thing even the largest items were under $100 or so.
I do, however, live in a small town in flyover country, so your costs are likely to be higher. Most of the chemicals used would be regulated waste in CA, so their overhead would be higher. Can you get the table in your car? Many tables, the legs come off with careful wrench work. Best course of action is look up the address, and take it there for an estimate.
aem sends...