Recs for floor washing?

We have a concrete floor in our loft and it seems it's never been truly clean, even after a good scrub and several rinses. The surface is quite large so I can't be on my knees scrubbing this thing quite as often as it seems to need.
I was wondering:
(a) if there was a special product or process for cleaning concrete that would really work (I've been using standard floor-washing Mr Clean)
(b) if there is a machine that will thoroughly clean floors like this. I am very skeptical of the Scooba (the floor washing robot gadget from the makers of Roomba).
Many thanks!
It sounds as though sealig the floor wuld be a good option. This would stop it from shedding concrete dust and spillages would not be absorbed so easily.
Yes, sealing is really the only answer. Search Google with: sealing concrete floor and you will find many sites. Good luck.

The thing is the concrete is already sealed. It's just that being on the ground level that's where everyone walks in in their shoes, and it is simply never clean enough...
We've just purchased a Hoover SpinScrub (a wet vacuum with a spinning brush) but the darn thing is so incredibly noisy, in addition to being super heavy (twenty-something pounds), that I am reluctant to keep it...