Re: Wax crayons in sink

You can use an auger and/or remove/clean the trap. I'd try a hand auger rather than the more aggressive motorized auger which could damage plumbing.

Hi Velma
Several pans of boiling water poured in almost one right after the other should melt and wash the crayons through the trap. Dry Lye Crystals produce heat also and could do the trick if you follow up with a pan or two of boiling water.
TTUL Gary
they should be visable in the drain
get a part pick up from a austomobile part store
they are long flexible spring like things and a push button on the top when you push the button small prongs come out of the end that you acan manipulate to catch a crayon release the button the prongs retract and hopefully catch a crayon
you ar dealing with hard wax
chemicals are not the way to go
hot water will soften them but then when they cool off there is agood chancve to totally clog the drain
mecanical mans are the way to go
hth peter
<snip>

Another word for auger is "snake" depending on where you live. I have no idea what the folks in the UK call these. Here's a how-to web page:
http://www.hometips.com/content/content_drain2.html
In alt.home.cleaning on Thu, 06 Jan 2005 00:25:25 GMT Phisherman

Or Italy!

Meirman
If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.
keep in mind that i bet your son gets into science
he has a real curiostiy and it should be encouraged give him a hug for me peter