Re: Wax crayons in sink

You can use an auger and/or remove/clean the trap. I'd try a hand auger rather than the more aggressive motorized auger which could damage plumbing.

My Son put wax crayons down the sink many years ago. The sink seems to >constantly get clogged up and drains slow. We have had Mr Muscle sink and >plughole unblocker down it a few times but it still does it. Any idea how >to clear it up?
Reply to
Phisherman

Hi Velma

Several pans of boiling water poured in almost one right after the other should melt and wash the crayons through the trap. Dry Lye Crystals produce heat also and could do the trick if you follow up with a pan or two of boiling water.

TTUL Gary

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Another word for auger is "snake" depending on where you live. I have no idea what the folks in the UK call these. Here's a how-to web page:

Phisherman

In alt.home.cleaning on Thu, 06 Jan 2005 00:25:25 GMT Phisherman posted:

Or Italy!

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

they should be visable in the drain

get a part pick up from a austomobile part store

they are long flexible spring like things and a push button on the top when you push the button small prongs come out of the end that you acan manipulate to catch a crayon release the button the prongs retract and hopefully catch a crayon

you ar dealing with hard wax

chemicals are not the way to go

hot water will soften them but then when they cool off there is agood chancve to totally clog the drain

mecanical mans are the way to go

hth peter

Reply to
ilaboo

keep in mind that i bet your son gets into science

he has a real curiostiy and it should be encouraged give him a hug for me peter

Reply to
ilaboo