Re: Water in basement

The sump pump died; about 1/2" of water went over most of the basement floor

>(unfinished concrete); water gone but a musty smell remains. Best way to get >rid of? Steve
Reply to
Phisherman

Piggybacking:

Insurance might not cover this kind of claim, anyway.

Unfortunately I have recent experience with this exact problem. We ripped out -all- of the carpets, ran fans and dehumidifiers for a good bit of time, sprayed a bleach solution all over the concrete, then followed with Odo-Ban. Laid new carpet; things smell fine, now.

Did any sheetrock or woodwork get wet, too?

Marilee

Reply to
Marilee

Odor eliminator and disinfectant

I found it at Sam's Club.

Reply to
Lorraine

It's an odor/disinfectant product. I buy it at Sam's Club. And I put in a hyphen where there is none. (Ooops)

Absolutely. I agreed with this, too. The OP said he didn't have carpeting, though; just unfinished concrete.

Yeah. Look up "black mold" and Texas. I think it's also prevalent in the NE, but I'm not sure. Any, mold/mildew can cause health problems, though.

Or anywhere. All you have to do is have a power outage during heavy rainfall.

Marilee

Reply to
Marilee