Re: OT Lard/Dripping

It's alt.home.cleaning. Marcey calls us the most respected group on usenet. Before the Board hired her, we had a bad reputation. Most of the flame wars were about cleaning. The board adopted a Charter that prohibits the Director of Disciplinary Action from posting anything about cleaning. That keeps Marcey above controversies.
She pulled strings and got rid of the bad apples and things were smooth until recently. Then Gary said something about a special room where he bottles a pressure-sensitive, variable-density product, and Choreboy concluded that he must be a terrorist.
I think Gary is just a moonshiner who waters down his distillate to be price-competitive and avoid laying workers off. I wish the Director of Homeland Security would post a message letting us know one way or the other.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

I can't see anything in here about doughboys?? One point about cooking with lard and dripping is that it makes such a mess.Splashes of oil come off easily with Fairy and hot water but the dripping and lard leaves nightmare little blobs that I have to take a credit card to before giving them the soapy scrubby. I find the basket gets very yellow with thick grease despite cleaning every use.
Dawn wrote:

To clean the basket thoroughly, boil it in a concentrated solution of washing soda. (Oven cleaner also works.)
Jerry

peace
Oh look, it's Dawn popping in! Hello dear! My doughboys were brown but I haven't had an answer as to why. I don't think the posters here at cooking chat are too au fait with chemical reactions. I was hoping Gary would help but he's taking a break from Usenet seemingly. Anyhow, that's another thread dear, if you can look on Google you may find it. Now Jerry somebody or other has suggested you boil your basket in washing soda which is a good idea if you have a large enough pan to get the basket in. I don't unfortunately and I can't turn the basket over in my chip pan to do the top but Phish has said in the past to put things into a bag and spray oven cleaner over then leave it. I think that's a brilliant idea. If you choose to go down the 'boil in washing soda' route don't forget to steer clear of aluminium. I'm wondering if I put my basket in the washing machine with lots of soda and on a boil wash it would work or would my basket possibly become dented?
Mrs Bonk wrote:

Is there any way to find out if he's at Guantanamo?
Sincerely, Choreboy+

reactions. I

seemingly.
You are not going to make friends with that sort of silly comment. Far better you put your energies into reprimanding the "old magic" trolling poster for indicating I am either an agitator or I'm stupid. I know dear Gary would if he was reading this group. HE wouldn't allow those insults.