Re: Need help

wrote:

I'll see what I can come up with, Anni. In the meantime, I've added alt.home.cleaning, hoping the Doc or maybe mr. Phish can help :-)
Nan

Goof Off! will remove lipstick from carpeting. If there is some stain left, OxyClean should remove it or you can use Resolve (a moist powder brushed into the carpet, dries, then vacuum). Kerosene will work too, but then you need to deal with the odor and fire hazard if much is needed.

found
Hi Nan,
Amyl Acetate (Nail varnish remover) or solvent soap followed by white spirit should do the trick.
-- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

spirit
Thank you!
what is white spirit though?
Anni

The Great White Spirit is what Indians called the God of the White Folks.
Whites considered Indians savages because Indians didn't beat their children. As Judge Moore would tell you, the cornerstone of white civilization is, "Honor thy father and thy mother if thou knowest what's good for thee." In other words, DrClean is reminding you to chastise your children.
Indians were more attuned to the New Testament: "Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me." Indian influence made the Puritans of Plymouth Colony liberal even by modern standards. Do you live on or near Cape Cod? That would explain why you didn't know what DrClean meant by his advice to follow up with white spirit.
--
Until next time,
Marcey

In other words, she should pray over the lipstick stained carpet and not beat her child?
~Piper~ Life is simpler when you plow around the stumps.

A Cape Codder would have rolled out the red carpet for the child. Then lipstick could be wiped up with a paper napkin -- or the collar of a shirt from the laundry hamper. The shirt is going to be washed anyway, so why waste a napkin?
--
Until next time,
Marcey

I think with a 2 year old it's the mother who needs a good smack! Anyone want to stand in line....
anni /closes eyes!

I think the heathen hoard might call it paint thinner. -- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web