Re: Maytag Neptune Washer lousy customer service for repair; I would think twice next time and buy from Sears

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

As this poster so eloquently pointed out, essentially all third party warranty policies are just a way of making extra money off customers.
Quit blaming Maytag, they did not sell you the policy. Go back to the store where you bought the washer and raise hell. If they won't help, picket the store (your right under the constitution, but you must, by law, stay on public property (sidewalks), stay moving at all times, and not block access to the property). I guarantee they will do anything to get a picketer carrying a sign out of their store front.
Colin

And if in NYC no sticks holding up the sign. Cardboard tubes only.
Don <donwiss at panix.com>.
Colin murmured while asleep:

or get a consumer advocate like Clark Howard ( radio show and web site) working for you. Or your state's attorney general. Or the BBB, Put your energy where it might get results. Persistence can pay off.
Penny S
I have actually done this before, picketed a store over a $3.50 piece of sheet music! Can you believe it? The music was missing an inserted sheet, but the store insisted they could not refund money on sheet music. I didn't ask for a refund, I asked for an exchange. They still wouldn't do it, so I printed up some circulars denouncing their customer service and handed them out to customers. This was in a mall besides! It wasn't long before I was satisfied. In more ways than one, I was really into the picketing thing, it was kind of fun! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!