Re: Judgment day has arrived for my corned beef

Our (well, Nancy's) niece is visiting the east from Colorado

> for a couple of weeks. In an email I asked what she liked to > eat and one of the things she said was that she loved corned > beef and cabbage but hadn't had it since her Mom died. > > So, I decided, what the he... I'd try it, even knowing that > going up against "Moms" would probably be a losing > proposition, but I'm game. > > Buy a pre-made corned beef? ME? No freekin' way. Soooooo off > on a quest I go to figure out how to "corn" the beef and > cook it for her. > > Well.... It's been the required 3 weeks of brining a bottom > round roast of beef totally submerged in the brine > (actually, I vacuum sealed it) and in the fridge. > (yeah, yeah, I know. It's usually made with brisket. But > that's for smokin' and I saw some write ups on corning > leaner cuts so I thought I'd try it. She absolutely HATES fat) > > When I opened the bag to get it cookin' it smelled pretty > interesting. Not smelling to shabby now that it's cooking > either, but I'm just keeping a "we'll see" attitude 'till I > taste the sucker. ;-) > > Nancy, her sister, and niece are currently on the way back > from Cape Cod on a quick trip to see Nancys Mother. > > Dinner is "scheduled" to be around 6:00 or 6:30 (EST). We're > either having the corned beef, or I'll take 'em down to the > corner resteraunt if it sux. > > Hopefully, it will be edible.

I have only used tinned corned beef - the Fray Bentos brand is top of the tree here in the UK. It will be interesting to see the outcome of your home made jobby. I simply had to crosspost this to the cleaning group where Mr F. Bentos is now posting. I wonder if he has any connection?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Please do not crosspost. I used this method as a convenient tool for sharing my news and views, tips and advisements, but whoever it was serving my needs at the time (I believe you call them providers, I call them bandits) quite struck me off, and I've to this day, had no word of apology. I have no interest in sharing my cookery knowledge with anyone, only friends and the odd matron. I'm quite content to stick to the one group (alt.home.cleaning), as there are far too many people (you know who you are) in cookery chat,who take it upon themselves to lampoon my good work and ,therefore, corrupt my good name and intentions. This is unacceptable. I live a private life and have a lifetime's supply of home cleaning expertise to share with those who are interested. The people who mimicked my good name by using 'bogus' email addresses (this is some years ago now) were responsible for my usenet service to be cancelled, and I was (and still remain) personally outraged.

Good day.

Mr F. Bentos

Reply to
Mr F. Bentos

What ARE you blethering on about man? I am confident no one in alt.cooking-chat has offended you in any way,

*most* here are delightful. I merely inquired as to the connection between Fray Bentos corned beef and your name. I will now set follow ups so you will not be crossposted hereafter. It will be your loss.
Reply to
Mrs Bonk

"Odd matron"... Mrs. Bonk?

I used to be suspicious, but now I don't think Joseph and Jerry are lampooning your good work.

That issue was raised here not long ago. Mrs. Bonk said her address was munged, not bogus. I tested it and got a piece of her mind, unless of course it was somebody impersonating her.

Reply to
Bill Rider

I'll stop when you stop. You did see that you crossposted your message didn't you? If it is good enough for Mr. F Bentos, it is good enough for the rest of us.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I can assure you it was me and I did indeed put a well deserved flea in your ear.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk