Re: I'm so angry!

wrote:

Or just find some one who is willing to do his part....
I'm lucky to be single and know that the most important male figure in my family (step dad) actually cleans more than other guys I know. And cleans well. his favorite smell is pine. So the house smells like Pine Sol by the time he is done! Mom loves it.
Added bonus: he can cook too. OMG I love it when dad cooks...
TTFN
--
Using Opera\'s revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail /

hehe :-)
and know that the most important male figure in my

3 cheers for stepdad!
i read something interesting recently concerning division of housework in a household. essentially, of the three most-common couple arrangements (only couples were considered, it seems) lesbian households had the most equal division of housework, followed by heterosexual couples, followed by homosexual male couples.
the moral of this story seems to be that in general, it's _men_ who somehow create inequality of housework regardless of other factors. although i think we all knew that, actually :-) the interesting part is that where there's 2 men involved, you'd logically assume there's going to be more equality, and yet, one poor sod in the household _still_ ends up doing it all!
i want to know how to be the bloke who gets away with doing nothing. (which will be particularly challenging as i am a woman.) kylie
My wife doesnt care about the house, I do the laundry, cleaning and some cooking as well as yard and other chores.
Although I REFUSE to put my wifes clothes away, they end up in a pile.
i largely put mine away
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:03:33 GMT, Puddin Pop

I don't think I the numbers look bigger than they are. 358 is only 7 hours a week. Loading and unloading our dishwasher each week must account for almost an hour. Add in vacuming several times a week, wiping down bathroom, etc, etc, I'm surrprised that people only spend 7 hours a week cleaning up.
I can't account for all the time, since we clean as we go, but 7 hours sounds light, considering I'm picking up after a 4 year old, after he tries to clean up. :D
later,
tom (a male and unpolled) @ www.FindMeshelter.com
P.S. Don't throw anything, it'll ad to my clean up time.