Re: How to rid house of ants?

Select a product with boric acid. "Terro" is one such product. The application requires placing the bait on small squares of thin cardboard. Once the ants discover the food source you'll see hundreds of ants carrying the bait back to their nest and in 2-3 days they will be gone. You do not need to spray insecticides and these won't kill the queen anyway.
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:26:11 -0400, "James Nipper"

I used Terro last year and it worked fine. I used left over Terro this year and it didn't. Was it because it was too old or the type of ants were different? I have the Combat ant motels and they aren't working either.
I see the ants carrying crumbs from the toaster up the wall to the electrical socket.
Also have some ants in the bath at the other end of the house.

Boric acid, sugar, and peanut butter.
--
jamie ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com)

"There's a seeker born every minute."
Animal fat kills humans, but doesn't do a thing to ants. We have to add boric acid to it. Rather ironic, eh? hehe