Re: How do I clean my grout?

http://www.vancouvertool.com/vtcnews.html

indelicate, but we haven't yet received their payment.
--
Until next time,
Marcey
On 31 Aug 2003 19:42:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Snowfeet1) wrote:

If the grout had no sealer on it, it may be difficult to remove stains that have absorbed into the grout. The gel bleach sounds like a good idea. You could use regular bleach and a paper towel to hold the bleach against the grout for a half hour, then rinse with cool water. Wear old clothes.
There is only one good way to CLEAN grout. If you want to zap, erode, bleach, stain or contaminate grout. Check the other postings.
By using superheated dry vapor steam (far exceeding 190 degrees) you can apply this chemical-free treatment through a hose and small brush while standing. The heat and light agitation emusifies grease, dirt and grime so it can be wiped with a towel. There may be some applications where this won't work real well (rust, calcium, acrylic sealed), but generally you'll restore grout to the original color. You may use citrus based degreasing solvents to pretreat kitchen areas. I can tell exactly where other "solutions" have been tried and failed because the grout was deteriorated or discolored. Then you have saw or grind out the old stuff and (hopefully) match with new. Regardless of the claims, most chemical agents will ruin your grout because they're acidic, or corrosive and decompose the integrity and/or color of grout.
I have information on the best dry vapor systems for home and commercial use if anyone is interested.
doubt it. I sent them an email 2 weeks ago and a voicemail last week. still no reply.