Re: electric jugs

boil a bit, say 1/2 full then add a good whack of vinegar. leave as long as possible, overnight is good then poke bits of lime away from the element and nookies with a wood skewer or a hard brush and rinse. i put dilute bleach in for a bit sometimes to clean grime and those sponge on sticks gets down inside ok with jif on .... boil a few times after to get rid of nasty tastes
Boil with 1/4 cup of vinegar AND MARBLES! The marbles agitate the lime deposits as it boils - after boiling be sure to rinse well before using (I boil again with straight water to be sure there's no stray bits in my next cuppa).
The Happy Cooker C=:-)

Try hooking an electrical cord to the back of her brassiere.