Re: cat urine

wrote:
-> scribbled: -> -> >Our young male cat "sprayed" my son's mattress. How do we get rid of that -> >smell? -> -> I'd try an enzyme cleaner like "Nature's Miracle", available from a -> petshop, first. Second, I'd replace the mattress if that didn't work, -> and lastly, the cat would get fixed! -> -> Nan
I agree. An enzyme cleaner will work best since that is what it is designed to do. It has to soak down as deep as the urine did, so don't be stingy! There are many brands on the market. I find that "Out!," which I buy at Wal-Mart, works fine. (I have five dogs and five cats!)
Have the cat neutered and that may stop the spraying. No guarantee. But have him neutered anyway. If the spraying continues, look into buying a product called Feliway. You could start using it now, actually.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~