Re: Carpet Static

Your house is too dry. There are commercial anti-static sprays that can be used. Lightly spray the floor with water and wait 10 minutes before walking on it. It could be the clothing your daughter is wearing--in that case lightly spray the clothing with water. If you use a fabric softener in the rinse laundry cycle, static will be reduced.
I had this problem in my computer class. The principal offered to buy me a humidifier, but these can breed nasty bacteria if not properly maintained. Instead, I used a spray bottle to spray the carpeting 10 minutes before each class. Static can kill a computer.

Spray the carpet with some fabric softner mixed in water.
Dawn wrote:

She needs to drag a fishing line as you do. It drains static.

Get a quaternary ammonium compound. They are used in fabric softeners and hair conditioners. The positive charge imparts antistatic properties.
Another trick is to rub a bar of soap all over your carpet.
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:21:52 -0500, Choreboy

I reckon it's _you_ that has the fishing line - no static in your house I'll bet!

I'm wondering if the dirt that was in it kept it anti-static, maybe I should walk through the cow fields and stream before I go visiting, in the name of science of course.
in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Dawn at snipped-for-privacy@noyoudont.uk wrote on 3/11/05 9:08 AM:

Were you the one with the fishing line in the dating section at Walmart? If that was you, Marcey and I are JUST FRIENDS!!! lololol

If she had called a reputable cleaner, he would have spread old tea leaves, rolled them, and picked them up with a carpet sweeper. In 45 years no customer of mine has had static.

Ah I remember! Marcia was the bag lady and you were showing her your Whink.

You've pinched Mr B's method

You're older than I thought.

Thanks guys, I'll pass the info on. I was interested in your humidifier comment. I've never used one and have no knowledge of them but I know an elderly person that does and I doubt they would clean it properly- if at all. I could give it a check over if I knew what to look for or is it something I would get a company in to do?