Re: best mask for odors ?

Does anyone know the best mask to protect against strong odors? I'm

> thinking one of those masks sold in the gardening department of the grocery > store, but usually it's such a tight fit, I feel a bit woozy afterward . > Or would a surgery-type mask work just as well? > > Larry >

If you put "mask" in the search box at gemplers.com, they'll show you four pages of disposable and cannister masks. Different masks are designed to protect from different substances.

A mask has to seal against your face, but I don't know why it would make you woozy. You can get overheated if a mask traps the heat from your breath. Masks with exhalation valves are cooler. If my dentist used masks with exhalation valves, he wouldn't need so much air conditioning to stay cool.

Surgical masks protect doctors from inhaling spatters.

Reply to
Lloyd Randall

Thanks Lloyd. Interesting website. :)

I think it's probably just psychosematic. I'm usually fine with the mask on, but when I take it off, I have to adjust a bit to the fresh air. It's either carbon dioxide-related, or probably more likely, just adjusting to fresh air after having breathed my own breath, hehe. However, it's much better than smelling a foul odor or to protect against excessive dust. I'll have a closer look at the website you suggested. I had no idea there were so many kinds.

Larry

Reply to
Larry G