Question about using a floor buffer

Hello, There are a few issues I need advice on. After putting on a brand new buffer pad, it usally runs into something on the floor which causes it to scratch circles into the floors surface, is the floor not being mopped well enough? My second question has to do with the plastic part with velcro that the pad grips to. Two months ago it cracked, it was replaced, now it has cracked again. What is the most likely reason to cause that effect? Thanks for any advice.
Jason

The circular scratches are usually caused by tiny stones or tiny slivers of glass. These culprits are often dislodged after the sweeping and mopping. They are generally too small to spot at a glance. The scratches can usually be buffered out.
Is your machine a 175 RPM, about 18 inch diameter pad?
The part that keeps breaking is probably not designed well and/or improperly installed. Those velcro grip segments can drive one nuts. I have no idea about solving that problem, but I would double check their installation.
3M used to make a pad drive called an Insta-lok. Gosh I loved those.
Michael Zildjian: world class cymbal of excellence.