Putting a pillow in the wash

I need to get a vomit stain off of a pillow. Unfortunately, it didn't have the cover on it. (I know, duh, that's what they're for).
Can I throw it in the wash? Or will that rip it to shreds? What's the best way to clean it, remove the stain?
Thanks in advance, Larry

Hi Larry,
It depends on the stuffing. Some feather pillows aren't washable and some are, read the label and it should say. If it's polyester then use low heat and low agitation - movement.
Hope this helps
--
DrClean
www.DrClean.co.uk