Printer toner stains

How can I get printer toner out of a bedspread?
1> How can I get printer toner out of a bedspread?
Hi Mark,
I thought this question was asked last week? However, if you try the ammonia and then acxetic acid ideas and they don't work you will have to go toward the solvent end of stain removers (paint remover, white spirit, acetone and methylated spirit).
Take a look at www.DrClean.co.uk/Surgery_stains/stain_framepage.asp and click through to the ink stain example. There's a few solutions with methods that you can follow. Try the printers and stamp pad ink.
Hope this helps -- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

If you do a Google search on some combination of "remove toner stain fabric clothing" you will find some information. The first thing to remember is to avoid setting the stain with heat. Heat will fuse the toner to the fabric. While I didn't see any comprehensive information on the subject, it seems that everyone recommended removing as much toner as possible by vacuuming. Then, you can wash the fabric with detergent in cold water and let dry --- don't dry in the dryer as it will set any toner that might remain making it very difficult to remove.
You might call the manufacture and see if they have any tips. I'm sure it's a common problem. If the bedspread is valuable, you might want to consult a reputable drycleaner. I'm sure that office workers must get toner stains on their garments with some regularity.