Pressure Vacuum Cleaner for Whole House

If you are sufficiently far away from the pressurizing fan, there won't be any perceptible wind at all. The fan will create pressure more than flow. A conventional cleaning vacuum works by a difference in pressure between the room and the catch chamber (the tank of a shop vac perhaps). In the arrangement I'm considering, there still is the difference in pressure, but this time it's between the room and the great outdoors.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

Possible: Maybe Practical: No way Effective: Barely

Implemented correctly you get: Boy in a bubble, Clean room, Positive pressure

Don't forget, if you run this in winter you will throw away at least two house fulls of heated air you paid for.

Cost effective: not a chance

Reply to
PipeDown

I don't have a dog in this fight but my shop vac pulls about 40" of water with a nrew bag. That is about 1/10 of an atmosphere or about

1.4 pounds. Not a lot of pressure but I bet it will blow the roof off.
Reply to
gfretwell

Only if your roof weighs less than 100 tonnes.

Reply to
Nick

gfretwell -

Nehmo - What size motor does your shop vac have?

gfretwell -

Nehmo - Considering the inevitable leaks, it would take an enormous compressing fan to blow the roof off. (Your shop vac turned around wouldn't make that pressure in a house.) I'm thinking of a fan something on the order of 500 watts to 1KW. I'm not sure what pressure differential that would create in a tight house, but I suspect it would be enough to do some cleaning.

Reply to
nehmo54