Pressure Vacuum Cleaner for Whole House

Page 2 of 2
Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

Interesting thought, but I'm afraid that pressure sufficient to blow dirt out a discharge pipe would blow out the walls or windows of a house.
Something I did that DOES work extremely well was to "pipe" our house with compressed air. I had several quick connect outlets across the house where we could plug in a 50' hose. In addition, I had two 6" outlets that connected to my 5hp shop dust collector in the basement. The vac wasn't one of the portable types, but was a 5hp induction motor vacuum that had two 6" inlets to collect sawdust and sanding dust as I worked. By using a 6" flex hose from one of the two outlets upstairs, it was like a "super" vacuum that moved a LOT of air.
When it was time to do Spring cleaning, for instance, I'd just lay the 6" lines into a room and use the compressed air to blow dust off of our stone fireplace, Ficus tree, bookshelves, library shelves, under beds, and even baseboards. When followed by a good vacuuming of the carpet by a conventional vacuum cleaner, we had great cleaning in a minimal time.
Nehmo Sergheyev writes:

Yes! Like Goldfinger's private jet! Hyperbaric cleaning! You're a genius!

Just how much dust and gas do you have in your house ? I can't see going through all this trouble to remove dust from your house. Unless you have have a 30 MPH wind blowing through the house, the dust is going to settle on everything in the house, which will require dusting anyway.
--
JerryD(upstateNY)

I see advantages to this kind of system:
> But what about positioning the motor and fan on the other side of the

Fire places, letter boxes, trickle vents in windows and any openings the builder missed.
Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:

You must be the only one who does, with the exception of course of those who wish to rob you blind, and by that I mean those who will promise to copyright it, market it and all the associated hangers on who want big fat fees up front, they'll think it's fantastic and tell you that you'll make a million from it, they are just interested in seperating you from your cash.
My advice is ditch it, no one in their right mind would be interested in having it in their home.
And one of the things they will claim is that it's a must for asthmatics, it's not, if anything it will put more dust into a room than it will extract.