Poster Problem Possibly OT

Dear Group, I have a glossy almost photo type poster of two characters in a famous film that I wished to put on my wall. It was rolled and inserted into it's cardboard tube but unfortunately on opening I found it to be bashed a little at the end, then, on unrolling I could see my lovely poster was extremely crumpled in one corner and partway down one side. Has anyone any suggestions on how to straighten out the crumply creases? I fear a steam iron will take the glossy shine off of the poster but I am not too sure as I don't really know what sort of paper it is. Any suggestions welcome.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

take the poster to Joann's or Michael's crafts or any frame shop.....the frame dept should be able to dry mount it ....this process might take out some of the wrinkles. Ask them for advice. Dry mounting is done to a lot of framed prints for the very purpose of keeping it from the wrinkling effect ...esp with large sizes. I bought a number of reproduction western movie posters...not expensive and had them laminated? They are on hard fiberboard type material no frames required and no wires in the back.

Reply to
Muvin Gruvin

Thank you for your interest and your advice. Fingers crossed it will work out ok for my beautiful poster.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

You're the one who posted the question. Why are we referring to ourselves in the third person?

***
Reply to
Sawney Beane

Now now Mr Sawney- Has - Beane. There is no possible way I could or would call myself beautiful. I was of course referring to my wall poster.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

I'm glad Gregory Morrow said nothing about your beautiful four-poster. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

***
Reply to
Sawney Beane

Now Sawney Beane methinks you are indulging in what in that snake - free and ever - green Isle 'o Eire they call "a bit 'o blarney" (or even "poteen" -- this being St. Patrick's Day and all)...

As for your jape re: Mrs. B's "four - poster" I am sure the lady has good taste in furnishings and fittings and such so let us just leave it at that, shall we?

Reply to
Gregory Morrow

Say no more! Now how did YOU know it was a Monty Python poster

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

I had quite forgotten it was St Patricks day. Did you know he was a Brit?

I slept in a large four poster at a hotel not long back. They had no other room for me and I was sleeping alone as always so the management thought me lucky to have such a beautiful bed - in a honeymoon suite mind you! for the same price as a single! Truth be told I couldn't see the TV news through the draperies so was quite miffed.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk