polish scratches out of glass?

how can i polish scratches out of glass? i know it can be done because a long time ago i saw someone do it using fine abrasive paper etc.
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:13:39 GMT, "jwiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

Look up "making reflective telescopes."
I have polished several scratches out of car windshields. All I used was toothpaste and a Q Tip. Toothpaste is really a very fine, quality abrasive, and it has worked very, very well over the last 2 decades I have had to "polish" out a glass scratch. We even did it at work, to brilliantly clean the plastic cubicle seperator panels. They sparkled, we just simply put some toothpaste and water on a rag, and cleaned the whole panel, just like you would do with Windex, but a bit more elbow grease, to polish the clear panels like brand new. Best--- Ron