Plum sauce in the carpet

I've got plum sauce (from a Chinese crispy duck!), in the carpet. I've tried all sorts to get it out, but it never quite lifts. Anybody recommend something either organic (biocarb, lemon, vinegar) or inorganic (acetylene torch!).

Depending on the composition of the carpet, a chlorinated hydrocarbon?
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 09:32:28 GMT, "Mitchum"

Try Resolve carpet granules. This is a moist course powder cleaner that is brushed into the carpet, dries, then vacuumed up. Also, I've had good luck with OxyClean on stubborn (nylon) carpet stains--a wool carpet may require some experimentation on scraps or inside a closet first to test for colorfastness.