plastic garment bags

A dollar store opened recently near me and one of they things they sell are plastic garment bags for $1. I bought one and it seems fine. I've never used garment bags before. Are they a good idea? I thought of using them for clothes I don't wear very often to keep the dust off them.
Are you talking about the ones that are about 18" or so wide and will hold several garment?
If so, I highly recommend them. I have two and could probably use one more. If you are storing wool you can put a few moth balls in the bottom.
You can buy short ones or long ones. Both of mine are long enough for dresses.
I also have a similar bag with a zipper and pasteboard shelves. I store wool sweaters, etc., in this, also with a few moth balls. Very handy.
Donna