picking blackberries stain on shirt

picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt. any simple ideas on how to remove please?

If your shirt is white add a cup of household bleach to the water (soaking fabrics in bleach water will weaken them). A hot solution soak with OxiClean should remove the stain easily for color fabics. Personally I love blackberries so a stained shirt is well worth it! Please let us know what worked.
Torge wrote:

You could try pulling it over your head

Brian Watson wrote:

You're very quiet Brian!

I'd like to claim "I was speechless" but actually I had no idea I'd posted that.
<blush>
Most modern bio washing powders will shift blackberry juice, I'd assume.
--
Brian

Didn't think it was possible, but google s your friend:~)
http://www.allbaking.net/mf/13/2189
OR
RED FRUIT
Types:
Cherry, grape, blueberry, blackberry, cranberry, raspberry, strawberry and there juices.
Problem:
All these fruits contain dyes which can be very difficult to remove.
Solution:
1.Clean area with cold water
Caution:Do not use soap, it can set the stain .
2. If stain still remains poultice with 20% hydrogen peroxide and poultice powder.
3.If stain is still not removed , poultice with toluene and poultice powder.
HTH Jenny
Torge wrote:

A sensible reply :)
Leave the shirt in the sun for a few days. The sun will fade out any fruit juice stains.
Only problem - no sign of any sun these days. :(
tom&barbara wrote:

The sun will fade out most other colors as well. :)
I was puzzled why all the boxes in the video rental store window were printed in only blue until someone explained how sunlight bleached all the other colors out.
An ultraviolet light will do the same job but it'll take longer because most aren't terribly bright. You might use a UV light in combination with hydrogen peroxide.
Anthony
Oh my goodness. The advice to put stained clothing in the sun really brings an old memory.
When I was a girl, we used to lay out stained clothing on the roof of the pump house. (It was about 6 ft tall at the bottom of the eave.) Sometimes we would put lemon juice on before we put it up there. I even put my white tennis shoes up there after we washed them.
Periodically I'd go out and check the progress. Sometimes I was pleased and sometimes I wasn't.
Usually laying it on the pump house was a last resort. I remember I had just made a pretty pink checked gingham dress with smocking, and my Mother scorched it right in front when she ironed it before I wore it the first time. Well, the pump house trick worked, but it was a squeaker.
:-) Donna
This happened to me years ago. I simply used Shout. It took a while but it eventually came out. You could also try a color safe bleach too.

Take it on a holiday to Egypt - there is plenty of sun there.
I recently got a free sample of BIZ laundry booster, and it really worked well for getting some bad stains out! (I have a toddler...stains are my LIFE!)
I don't know if it will work with the blackberry juice, but when my daughter recently went to the ER for a cut on her chin, the nurse saw her bloody shirt and said to use peroxide on it. I tried it, and her little white t-shirt looks good as new! (I soaked the shirt for a few minutes in fresh peroxide, then rinsed it and kept it soaking in cold water until I was ready to wash it).
~Shelly
Torge wrote:

Patt